We saw lots of talents who moved on, were added, and retired from the Tulsa TV market in 2012. Here is our 2013 predictions:
Part 1 - Local
1. Being paired since before 2006, Chera Kimiko and Clay Loney have co-anchored Fox 23 at 5:00, 9:00 and 10:00 on weeknights. Along with another viewer, I see a change in the evening lineup on Fox.
2. A second Weekend Morning Show will be added to Tulsa. It would probably be KOTV who would start this, since their sister station KWTV has one. This would compete with the KJRH weekend morning show.
3. A second weekday 4:00 Show will be added to Tulsa. KOTV would probably produce it again, because just like #2, their sister station KWTV has one on weekdays. This show would compete with KTUL's.
4. A change in the Fox 23 Sports Team
5. Rumors about Dan Threlkeld probably will come true in 2013, leaving a Chief chair open at KJRH. Either Taft Price, George Flickinger, or maybe even Mike Collier could assume that roll.
Part 2 - National News
1. 67-year-old ABC World News Anchor Diane Sawyer will retire. 2013 will make it 5 years since she has been evening anchor, preceding Charlie Gibson in 2008.
2. Matt Lauer will leave the Today Show on NBC.
3. Erica Hill will move to weekday mornings on NBC's Today Show.
4. Kathie Lee and Hoda will split on the 4th hour of NBC's Today Show.
5. Scott Pelley on CBS will surpass Brian Williams on NBC in the Evening News ratings battle.
6. "CBS This Morning" will shockingly come to an end.